These are exciting times at Duck Donuts and hopefully you can become a part of our growing story…
The idea and name for Duck Donuts originated in Duck, North Carolina, where my family and I vacationed for many years. We enjoyed all there was to see and do in the quiet, family-oriented town, but we noticed there was nowhere to get that sweet staple of happiness – a warm, fresh donut. What started as a whim developed into fun recipe sessions, many months of research and collaboration, and eventually led to the first Duck Donuts opening in the town of Duck, NC in 2006!
We soon found that our warm, fresh and made-to-order donuts paired with a great selection of coffees was a recipe for success! We expanded to other locations and states and added many franchisee owners to our Duck Donuts family. Along the way, we have kept the focus on offering every visitor to our stores a welcoming, family-friendly and delicious experience. The teams who manage and work in our stores make all the difference, and we are very proud of their dedication and contributions. Many key staff have been with us from the beginning!
We love to create donuts, and we love to create smiles! Our many fans tell us we are on the right track, and while there may be other donuts out there—we feel we’ve found a pretty special combination.
Russell A. DiGilio,Founder
Why Duck Donuts?
We have had tremendous success and built a great following over the past ten years. We are very thankful and excited to now be able to offer others the opportunity to open Duck Donuts around the country. Duck Donuts is currently set to have over 180 locations in 22 states.
Are you a real estate professional interested in proposing your location? Click here to submit a location suggestion.
We guarantee each customer a clean, family-friendly, fun and delicious experience. We help our franchisee owners deliver on this Duck Donuts promise by supporting them with in all aspects of the business – from real estate to operations and training, to marketing.
The initial franchise fee is $30,000 with discounts for purchasing multi-unit options. The estimated cost of opening a Duck Donuts franchise store will range between $300,000 and $450,000, depending on the location and size of the space. This includes the costs of construction, equipment, signage, initial advertising and the franchise fee.
We require a minimum of $150,000 in liquid funds (cash, savings, mutual funds, stocks etc.) and a minimum of $500,000 in total net worth to financially support opening a new Duck Donut franchise.
If you are interested and qualify financially, please submit an online application. A Duck Donuts representative will review and respond to your request to be considered for a Duck Donuts franchise.
These are exciting times at Duck Donuts, and we hope you can become part of our growth story!
Our corporate Duck Donuts teams support all our stores with the resources and tools you need to get up and running, and to remain successful once you’re operational. Here’s a list of our specialty teams and the services they provide.
Real Estate Team – Provides assistance in securing and negotiating all lease or sale terms for your store.
Operations/Training Team – Provides in-depth training and operations instruction.
Marketing Team – Assists with all facets of marketing your location.
Interested in owning a Duck Donuts store?
These are the steps to take and what you can expect:
1. Complete and submit the online application.
2. Your application will be reviewed to determine if you and your proposed market meet our qualifications, and then a phone interview will be scheduled.
3. Upon satisfactory completion of the phone interview, we will provide you with a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) & schedule a 2nd phone interview.
4. Upon satisfactory completion of the 2nd phone interview, an in-person interview will be scheduled at our corporate office in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
5. Prior to the in-person interview, we will complete background and credit/financial checks.
6. Upon satisfactory completion of the in-person interview, the application will be finalized.
7. The Duck Donuts Real Estate Team will help you secure and negotiate lease terms.
8. Conceptual drawings for the store will be completed and construction will begin.
9. Classroom and in-store training will begin at our corporate office and the Duck Donuts store located in Mechanicsburg, PA.
10. The Marketing Team will provide marketing and public relations support and guidance.
11. We will assist with pre-opening training for your team.
12. Your Duck Donuts will OPEN FOR BUSINESS!