Job Title:Financial Analyst
LocationCorporate Office 1215 Manor Drive Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
This position leads the development, implementation and monitoring of financial procedures for the franchising company. The Analyst will provide reliable financial reporting information to be used to make decisions impacting the performance of the corporation and is responsible for supporting the efforts to build out a comprehensive solution around franchisee profitability. This role will also be responsible for performing analysis and providing meaningful reports and metrics to help drive results of the business. Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance and direction for maximizing franchise financial effectiveness.
- Interpret financial information into actionable recommendations. Assist franchise owners to accelerate store performance. Provide franchisees better insight into their profitability by offering peer comparisons and benchmarks, best practices and training and standard financial reporting and analysis.
- Partner with Operations and Marketing team to develop KPI reporting and tracking on store performances and marketing campaigns.
- Provides financial guidance in an effort to improve processes and controls and assist in managing costs.
- Perform month-end closing for franchising company. Review P&L statements with management team; provide analysis regarding fluctuation in revenue and expenses. Prepare journal entries, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Develop, analyze and review components of the Company’s annual budget and forecasts.
- Provide in-depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts. Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into specific reporting tools. Design standard reporting deliverables, including benchmarking, peer comparisons and opportunities.
- Work with procurement to identify savings opportunities across the broader network.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Experience with restaurant industry or retail with mutli-location business is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of finance/accounting or analysis related experience
- Excellent problem solving, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to work well and remain flexible in a dynamic, growing and fast-paced environment
- Ability and desire to think strategically about the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills