Job Title:General Manager
LocationMamaroneck Centre 805 Mamaroneck Ave. Mamaroneck, NY 10543
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for providing direction to a multi-unit portfolio of stores and executing operational processes and procedures. This multi-unit leader is responsible for overseeing the entire operations of their assigned stores while inspiring and building a strong team who upholds the standards and reputation of Duck Donuts. The GM directs their team in ensuring recruiting, budgeting, marketing and sales goals are obtained throughout his/her restaurants. This position is results driven; striving to exceed financial goals, ultimate customer service, and overall restaurant operations expectations.
- Responsible in the delivery of outstanding guest experience, culinary operations, hiring, training, labor scheduling, inventory management, restaurant marketing and restaurant P&L to drive performance.
- Lead, direct and promote multiple Duck Donuts restaurants towards increased profit and growth to differentiate our brand by identifying issues and implementing solutions for long term fixes.
- Partner with manager to diagnose barriers which affect performance and assist with developing business plans to maximize improvement (operations, marketing, training, human resources, etc.)
- Adhere to Duck Donuts standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Ensure that each store upholds the standards and reputation of Duck Donuts daily, while enhancing Guest and Team Member experience, as well as profitability.
- Manage the area’s financial accountability through reviewing critical reports, adhering to the budgeted Gross Operating Profit, and evaluating the area’s combined expense plan to ensure overall operations meet Duck Donut’s financial goals.
- Deliver superior guest services and ensure absolute customer satisfaction. Respond efficiently to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Develop and lead marketing strategies for the region so customers and the community are consistently made aware of Duck Donuts offerings.
- Ensures successful rollout of system-wide programs including but are not limited to restaurant marketing, campaigns, promotional activities, new menu items, and training initiatives.
- Understand all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Supervises regular performance evaluations to ensure development of all staff.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant(s) is staffed for all shifts and train managers on duties as needed.
- Potential to assist in future restaurant openings and franchisee trainings.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in restaurant management (fast casual and franchising preferred) with experience in managing 2+ units
- Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching, and development of managerial employees.
- Proven ability to drive financial performance, customer and employee satisfaction.
- Must have strong understanding of P&L statements, cost of goods, labor and scheduling, tools to track performance.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High-energy and results driven with the ability to successfully manage and problem solve multiple priorities in a fast -paced work environment.
- Required presence and travel to units daily, with potential travel outside of assigned area
Work schedule availability must be flexible and is based on operating needs, must be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. Required to be available after-hours and for on-call support.