Job Title:Franchise Business Consultant- Mid Atlantic Territory
LocationCorporate Office 1215 Manor Drive Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Duck Donuts, an emerging fast-casual brand is seeking a Franchise Business Consultant (FBC) to join the franchising company’s operations team. The FBC is responsible for consulting and supporting the financial and operational performance of multiple franchise partners across an assigned territory to drive same store sales growth and long-term success across the brand. Must be willing to relocate within US. Responsibilities:
- Fosters a positive, professional and trusted business relationship with franchise partners to influence actions and decisions that are in the best interest of the franchisee and the company.
- Completes targeted number of store or franchise partner visits and provides effective consulting services in the delivery of outstanding guest experience, culinary operations, labor scheduling, inventory management, restaurant marketing and finance to drive success.
- Conducts business reviews and serves as a business consultant to improve operational effectiveness, guest service execution, product quality and safety, brand standards, and sales and profitability.
- Utilizes reporting and tracking tools to analyze results, identify trends and provide recommendations to franchise partners. Documents and records areas of success and concern, and develops action plans to improve performance and grow sales.
- Builds strong leaders by coaching and consulting franchise partners on successful leadership and operations management.
- Uses financial acumen to educate and inform franchisees of their financial obligations to the company; proactively identifies potential issues, problem solves, and follows through to resolution, conferring with appropriate company resources as needed.
- Provides extensive onsite training for store openings, as well as continued support and training as needed.
- First line of contact with franchise partners and acts as a liaison between the company/departments and franchise partner to leverage resources, promote best practices and align business objectives in a timely and responsive manner.
- Works as needed with all company departments to successfully launch new operational programs and key initiatives while hitting targeted results.
- Other tasks and duties assigned.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree with 5-7 years of restaurant/franchise operations experience
- Quick service, multi-unit franchise operations, and/or hospitality industry experience
- Demonstrated abilities in relationship building, effective communication, project management, and strategic planning
- Ability to positively influence franchisees and other key constitutes
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Results driven with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast -paced work environment
- Possess analytical skills to evaluate data to make operational decisions and solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer skills, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Provides after hours and/or weekend or holiday support (unscheduled support), as business needs arise
- Travel expected 75%+ based on business needs, sometimes over an extended period of time